- Featured as Tedx and Tedx Youth Speaker
- Featured on MSNBC.com
- Co-Host of the The Men Up Podcast on Apple/Spotify
Nationally recognized Youth Motivational Speaker, Passion Ignitor and School Leadership Expert Lamarr Womble created Passion for Leadership to give the youth the power to choose in work, school and life. When students are in action around their passions, they believe their dreams can become reality. The next generation must know that they don’t have to wait to create world changing business, epic school events, creative campaigns, impactful non-profits or powerful projects. They can start impacting world right now.
Your students need to learn how to navigate the information age by learning 21st century skills like creativity, critical thinking, collaboration and communication that are critical to leadership in 2021. It begins by helping them find their PASSION which has a huge impact on their LEADERSHIP abilities. Passion isn’t just a hobby or something you do in your free time anymore. Educators must recognize that pursuing multiple passions and careers is the NEW NORMAL. It will give your students the edge as we step into the future! In my heart I know that helping students find their passion then create projects around their passion can also bring them HOPE and CONFIDENCE. Hope and confidence will have a huge impact on their self esteem and mental health!
We all experience a challenging time in our life, a common desire to work hard and a common ambition to be happy. No matter where you are on your journey, there is room to grow and become a better version of yourself. During these uncertain times, it’s more important now than ever that we discover a growth mindset, our passions and how we lead ourselves and others makes all the difference.
- Students will learn strategies on how to overcome life challenges and mental roadblocks
- Students will learn strategies to discover their passion and do work they love
- Students will identify their values and legacy to hold them accountable to live a life they want to lead
Define Your Passion
Define Your Passion is a keynote that will help your student understand exactly what passion means and more importantly how it feels. Finding your passion is a 3 step process of discovering, developing and defining emotional triggers and experiences in your life to shape them into a passion. Passion should shape your career, your leadership ability and your personal life! The end goal is to help students live and lead happier lives based on the power their passion!
- Definition of PASSION its importance and impact and how it will relate to your everyday life.
- Recipients will learn the 7 steps to discovering, developing or defining their passion in school, work and life.
- Recipients will be able to begin identifying their passion in terms of what it is, when might they discover it, if it is really their passion, what it will look/feel like once they do find it and what are the next steps to pursue then define that passion.
- Recipients will be able to distinguish between liking and loving their intended career, major or student organizations.
- Empower students to take an "outside the box" approach when choosing their path by incorporating their passion or perceived passion.
- The enthusiasm to believe "If it hasn't been done, I will do it!"
- Recipients will be able to identify with what step in the process they are at and begin from that particular step towards discovering, developing or defining their passion.
Empathy through Inclusion
A world that so often forces us to choose between a binary, like black and white, leads us to miss the reality that our society is gray. Empathy through Inclusion will allow young people and professionals to find empowerment within their own identities. This session will also provide language that gives attendees grace about their own experiences and understanding of those who have opposing views. Empathy is a skill, and it can be taught. When we prepare our society for the gray areas, we are preparing for a more empathetic, compassionate, and understanding world!
- Students will tangibly be able to see what empathy looks and feels like.
- Students will receive language to what empathy sounds like.
- Students will be able to articulate their identity through storytelling.
- Students will have a heightened sense of understanding of another humans experience.
- Students will understand how empathy is beneficial in real world applications.
- Students will be led to a call to action to create a more empathetic, compassionate and understanding world.
- Language of Empathy Worksheet
- Empathy World Order Button
P Squared = Passion and People (10 People ways to Lead w/ Passion)
Passion and People is focused on the team/organization by improving leadership styles and productivity by encouraging students to have passion for the work they do and the people they lead on a daily basis. It distinguishes the difference between management and leadership. This workshop will also focus on personal and professional relationship building skills that will be useful during your everyday life beyond the status quo definitions of leadership and professionalism.
10 Teasers to Leading with Passion and why you should come to this workshop:
- Your Heart
- One heck of a memory
- Taking the time
- Not forgetting how
- Flipping the network
- BMOC or BWOC are you
- The basics
- Ten fold
Location: New York, New York
If you’re in the business of doing what you love, developing the skills you need to do what you love, then you will want to pay attention! Lamarr Womble will help push you past your life challenges, teach you game changing skills and help you execute on your passions all while helping you lead others! Please welcome, Lamarr Womble.
What our clients have to say...
Lamarr was great! The feedback I’ve heard so far has been incredibly positive. We will be doing an evaluation with our students and seek more specific feedback from them about this session as well as other aspects of orientation. I enjoyed meeting Lamarr in person – he was friendly, easy to work with, and very interactive with our students, which they value and appreciate. His session was personal, inviting, and inclusive of the people in the room. What he talked about had a direct connection to the values of our campus community including community, respect, justice, listening and hospitality. We all agreed that we’d like to get him back to our campus this year and have him on our schedule for next year’s orientation as well. I hope he enjoyed his time on our campus even though it was very brief. If you or he have any feedback for us, please let me know. Trish has already sent off the check so you should be seeing that soon. We will need to coordinate Lamarr’s reimbursement for his car rental once you have that information.
- College of Saint Benedict & Saint John's University
Lamarr was fantastic! He was very easy to work with, gave a great keynote, and even stayed 45 minutes after to talk to some of the students in attendance. I've heard nothing but great feedback from the attendees and I really enjoyed working with him. Thank you for all of your help with this show!
- Southwestern University
Lamarr was great! The students really enjoyed everything Lamarr had to say at the event. We had a lot of great comments from students. We will also pass Lamarr’s information onto other Directors in the university and suggest they bring him in for events they may have in the future.
- Southern Illinois University – Edwardsville
Thanks for checking in! Lamarr was great and not only impactful to our Waldorf University students but our community as a whole. We would love an opportunity to continue working with him.
- Waldorf University